ATTENTION ALL DOG OWNERS AND DOG LOVERS
DO NOT FEED YOUR DOG BUSY BONES!!!
See that adorable little fluff ball? His name was Gizmo, he was one of the happiest little pup pups that I have ever seen. He loved his family and every minute he cold spend with my mom.
One day, we gave him a busy bone as a treat. A few hours after eating it, he starting acting really odd. He wasn’t acting odd and barely reacted to anything.
We didn’t really think anything of it because he was a pretty odd little pup and we thought he just he had to poop or something. So we went to bed and everything like normal.
The next day, he was even worse. He didn’t move at all, and threw up everything he tried to eat or drink. My mom called the vet and they said to just let it go for the night because he was probably just a little ill.
Gizmo just kept getting worse and worse. He could barely life his head and laid around all day long. Finally, my mom brought him into the vet and she told them about what was going on and they decided to do an X-Ray on him.
After the results came in, they noticed a large blockage in Giz’s intestines. They called my mom so she could bring him in for emergency surgery.
After surgery, the vet came out with a sample of what was blocking his intestines. As soon as my mom saw it, she knew exactly what it was.
They said they extracted as much as they could, but it was hard because he was only about 10 pounds and surgery is hard on little dogs. We picked him up from the vet a few hours later so he could have a chance to wake up. When we picked him up, he was still under the anesthesia and not very responsive. We still brought him home because it was either that or leave him at the vet overnight alone.
When we got home, all of my other animals got next to the kennel to see what was wrong.
About an hour after getting home, Gizmo passed away at only 4 years old.
I then wrote a very angry letter to Purina (the owners of Busy Bone) telling them what happened. I heard back the next day, and we started our claim.
They talked to Gizmo’s vet who told them is was definitely the Busy Bone that had caused his death. Purina paid us for the cost of the surgery just to shut us up and left us.
I am telling you this story as a warning, I know that Busy Bones are a popular treat to give dogs, but I am begging you
Please do not feed your dogs Busy Bones.
Gizmo’s life couldn’t be saved, but your dog still has a chance.